The Poringland Neighbourhood Plan Community Survey will be reaching doorsteps from tomorrow (Saturday 24th March 2018), giving residents the opportunity to tell us their views on the future of development in the village, and the policies that you would like to see in your Neighbourhood Plan. This project is very much community-led, and the key part of establishing the future of the village. Each household will receive one copy of the survey, additional copies can be requested from the Parish Council on 01508 492182, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling into the office during opening hours (Monday - Wednesday 9.30am - 12.30pm; Thursday 9.30am - 4pm; Friday by appointment). Alternatively you can access an online version of the survey here. We would encourage every resident to participate, and not just complete one per household.
In completing your survey, you are invited to enter a competition to win one of four prizes (detailed below). All prize draw entries will be removed from the questionnaire, enabling the surveys to remain anonymous. Entry into the competition is optional.
Thank you to everyone who takes part, the closing date for return of surveys is Tuesday 1st May 2018. After this the Neighbourhood Plan Committee will begin drafting policies for the Neighbourhood Plan based on the responses received.
• Two tickets to a Community Centre-hosted event of the winner’s choice organised by Poringland Community Centre before 31st March 2019
• Afternoon Tea for Two from K-Teas Community Café, operating from within Poringland Community Centre since 2016
• £10.00 Gift Voucher from Groundhog Home Hardware, 6 The Street, Poringland
• 3 bottles of wine
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The competition is open to all survey participants aged 18 years or over, except employees of Poringland Parish Council and their close relatives, and anyone otherwise connected with the competition.
2. Only one entry will be accepted per person.
3. Closing date for entry will be 1st May 2018. After this date no further entries will be permitted.
4. The prizes are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
5. Winners will be selected at random and notified on the same day. If a prize has not been claimed with 14 days it will be forfeited.
6. Any decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The periodic topple testing of memorials is scheduled to be carried out on Monday 8th January 2018. This involves a hand test of memorials, ensuring that the memorial is secure to the base. No machinery or mechanical testing is used. Any owners of memorials wishing to be present when their memorial is tested should contact the Parish Clerk by email on email@example.com to confirm the time that testing will take place.
Some one bedroom flats for rent on the David Wilson Homes site have already been completed, with more to come in the current and future phases. Some have a local connection cascade favouring residents of Poringland.
In addition, the number of one bedroom properties built by Norfolk Homes has already increased the stock of small homes for rent in Poringland. Some of these also have a local connection cascade, which is applied when they become vacant.
This provides the possibility for single people and couples from Poringland to obtain a home locally.
Anyone already on the South Norfolk Housing Register will need to express their interest (‘bid’) through the South Norfolk 'HomeOptions' website:
Other interested residents who are not on the Housing Register should contact the Housing Advice Service here at South Norfolk Council to join the Housing Register ('HomeOptions'). They will need to provide proof of their residency qualification as well as other verification details. During the week that the properties are advertised on the HomeOptions system people will need to actively apply ‘(bid’) for them, and the Council’s Housing Officers will be able to provide details of how to do this. For further information people should telephone for free on: 0808 168 2222.
Please see an opportunity for local residents regarding the mix of affordable homes for rent or shared ownership( part buy or part rent)
Please see the criteria regarding the rented property’s.
Site : Charles Church ,Pigot Lane , Framingham Earl.
The mix of affordable homes on this site has been amended to:
10 one bedroom houses
13 two bedroom houses
4 three bedroom houses
1 four bedroom house
For Shared Ownership (part buy / part rent)
2 one bedroom houses
2 two bedroom houses
1 three bedroom house
This means that one bedroom houses will be available for shared ownership, perhaps affordable for a single person or a couple seeking their first home.
Anyone interested in the shared ownership houses should contact Victory Housing Trust on 01603 629871.
The first homes will be available within the next few weeks, and the rest are under construction.
Affordable homes that are to be built on the Charles Church Homes site in Pigot Lane. There will be 33 affordable homes, of which one third will have priority for local people.
It is expected that all these homes will be acquired by Victory Housing Trust, and the first completions are expected towards the end of 2017.
The Homes for Rent
Eleven homes for rent will have priority for local people. The planning consent includes a S106 Agreement which gives priority in the following order:
1. Residents of the parish of Framingham Earl who have lived in that parish of a total of at least 3 of the last 10 years
2. Former residents of the parish of Framingham Earl who lived in that parish for at least 3 of the last 10 years
3. Residents of the parish of Framingham Earl who have lived in that parish or the neighbouring parishes of Poringland, Framingham Pigot, Yelverton, Alpington, Stoke Holy Cross, Caistor St Edmund and Bixley for the last 3 years or more
4. People working in the parish of Framingham Earl and who have done so for the last year or more for at least 10 hours each week
5. Residents of the neighbouring parishes of Poringland, Framingham Pigot, Yelverton, Alpington, Stoke Holy Cross, Caistor St Edmund and Bixley who have lived in one or more of those parishes (or the parish of Framingham Earl) for the last 3 years or more
6. Residents of the parish of Framingham Earl who have lived in that parish for less than 3 years
7. Residents of the neighbouring parishes of Poringland, Framingham Pigot, Yelverton, Alpington, Stoke Holy Cross, Caistor St Edmund and Bixley who have lived in those parishes (or the parish of Framingham Earl) for less than 3 years
8. Residents of South Norfolk
9. Any other person
The wide range of property types (1, 2 and 3 bedroom houses) with a local connection priority means that there will be homes suitable for local households in various circumstances. In particular they include a high proportion of one bedroom houses, so there will be the opportunity for some newly-forming households from Framingham Earl to obtain an affordable home in the parish.
We expect that shortly before completion the properties will be made available through adverts on the South Norfolk HomeOptions system. Anyone already on the South Norfolk Housing Register will need to express their interest (‘bid’) through the South Norfolk 'HomeOptions' website:
Other interested residents who are not on the Housing Register should contact the Housing Advice Service here at South Norfolk Council to join the Housing Register ('HomeOptions'). They will need to provide proof of their residency or working qualification criteria as well as other verification details. During the week that the properties are advertised on the HomeOptions system people will need to actively apply ‘(bid’) for them, and the Council’s Housing Officers will be able to provide details of how to do this. For further information people should telephone for free on: 0808 168 2222.
The Homes for Shared Ownership
These six homes will be marketed separately by the housing association. They will be made available on the basis that the purchaser buys a proportion of the equity (usually 50%) and pays rent on the remaining equity. Although there is no priority for local people, they do provide an opportunity for residents of Framingham Earl to buy an affordable home.
The Met Office have published the 2017 Winter Checklist. Click here to view what you should do before winter hits us.
The Grounds Maintenance contracts for Poringland are up for tender for the 2018 season. To view the contract opportunities go to https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/…/04cf95f0-c725-…. Closing date Friday 17th November 2017 5pm.
Norfolk Police have issued Halloween 'Do Not Disturb' posters, designed to be attached to the front doors and gates of home addresses for people that don’t wish to participate in Halloween festivities. To download and print the poster, click here.