• We have completed the connections to properties from the new main in Norwich Road and made the connection to the new main in Caistor Lane, which required installation of a 20metre section of pipe.
• The excavations for the above have been backfilled and reinstated today.
• Tomorrow we need to excavate in the same junction to enable us to disconnect and de-commission the old main in Caistor Lane. The excavation and preparatory work will be completed tomorrow and a network technician will be on site on Monday to complete the dis-connection.
W/C 25 September 2017
• We expect to have the new excavation in Caistor Lane junction backfilled and reinstated and the lights removed by Tuesday 26 September 2017.
• We will then jump past the school and then continue southward on Norwich Road. We will return to complete the section in front of the school in the October half term.
• Next week we will be working 7 days for the first time on this scheme. We will be putting an update out on Social media next week to share this information with the public but are happy for you to do so in advance too. We will then continue to work a combination of 6 and 7 day working weeks wherever possible for the remainder of the scheme.
We understand this may cause increased disruption for residents in the immediate vicinity of our works but this will ultimately benefit the community by reducing the overall duration of our time on site.
We have a new team starting on site on Monday but are also keeping two members of the existing site team on this scheme, therefore we will have a team of 6 full time on this project for the remainder of our time on site (numbers on site will be reduced at the weekends as required). Please understand that this doesn’t mean that six men will be working in the one location at all times, we will be using the team in the most efficient way possible.
We are continuing to look for ways to reduce our overall time on site and to minimise disruption to road users and residents for the remainder of the scheme. We are confident that we will now complete the bulk of the work (mains laying and service connections) before Christmas and are expecting to have to return in January to complete some final tests and decommissioning works.