• Works on both sides of the road in the third section, including the Romany Walk connection, were completed to schedule.
• We have reinstated the road surface today and the lights will be moved and set up for the fourth section this evening, once the road surface has cooled.
• We have tried new signs on site today which state “be back soon, waiting for surface to set” in an effort to communicate better with road users.
• Our site team didn’t communicate with the Royal Oak in advance of work outside their entrance yesterday and have caused some upset to the owner. I have spoken to the owner this morning and apologised for this and have also spoken to the site manager to ensure this doesn’t happen again with any other businesses on The Street. He has today been to see Goodfellas Barber Shop and discussed the work with them and we are arranging for extra signage for both Goodfellas and the Royal Oak to ensure entrances are kept clear and customers know that they are open for business.
• The team will begin work on the fourth section, between the Royal Oak pub and Heath Loke junction tomorrow and be working Saturday and Sunday.
W/C 20 November 2017
• Next week, work will continue on both sides of the road in the fourth section, including Spruce Crescent and Sunnyside avenue connections.
• We will aim to complete the fourth section by the end of the week, this is likely to include Saturday and Sunday on this section as there are more services to connect than on previous sections.