• Elvins Garage service connection completed
• Final service connection completed at Oak Avenue
• Connection completed in the footpath outside the village hall, but it emerged that this was not actually the supply to the village hall as expected. We are now trying to locate the service supplying the village hall and hoping to complete that connection today.
• We have begun installing the main in the footpath alongside The Street, towards Springfields.
• Completing one missed service on the other side of Budgens roundabout, hope to complete Monday
• We are identifying all missed services (not shown on plans or visible on physical inspection) before we make the final connection at Springfields, as at that point the old main will be completely out of service and any missed services would lose water supply. We have identified a few on The Street and are working to complete those over the next few days.
• As confirmed in my previous email, the lights will remain in place until we complete our final connection, to ensure the safety of the team.
• Complete missed service connection on the other side of Budgens Roundabout on Monday.
• Complete final connection in the footpath at Springfields.
We remain on track to complete the final service connection by 14th December 2017, however the permit is in place until 15th just in case the extra day is required.
• We have permission from the Highways Authority to begin our decommissioning and reinstatement works in this week. We do not expect to use any traffic management other than Stop and Go boards where required. This work involves the removal of manholes and then reinstatement where the manhole has been. Our teams will work around peak hours to minimise the disruption to traffic.
• As previously confirmed, we have decommissioning work to complete in January. This work has not been able to be completed yet as we can’t carry out this work until we are 100% certain all properties are connected to the new main. Once we complete the final connection at Springfields, we will switch off the supply to the old main. In January we will then be able to cut and cap sections of pipe that we need to, to complete the decommissioning. This will involve short periods of traffic management at each location- I will give you a better idea of programme for this next week.