• We cut the valve in at the junction of Caistor Lane/ Norwich Road and reinstated and removed the 3-way lights on Wednesday 30 August 2017.
• Thursday 31 August we began pressure testing the new water main in Norwich road. Testing is on-going and will continue over the weekend including pressure testing, chlorinating, sampling etc.
Details of upcoming work (next week)
• The first set of two way lights for approx. an 85m stretch on Norwich Road, close to the entrance to the Railway Tavern, are hopefully going up on Tuesday. We are still awaiting approval from Norfolk County Council for the early entry, following our application- the work at the roundabout finishing early has pushed our other works forward and this section has not yet been approved. We expect to gain approval Monday for Tuesday.
• If we are able to start on Tuesday as planned, we will begin the excavation work on Tuesday and hopefully have completed the first connections to properties by the end of the week- pending the passed sample tests of the main in Norwich Road.
• We will also be completing the connections at either end of the main in Norwich Road, one in the path outside the Railway Tavern and one in the field at Arminghall. We purposely ensured that the connections were able to be carried out off the roads to avoid further traffic disruption.
In summary, by the end of next week, we hope to have passed tests and completed the connections of this section of main at either end, have completed the first set of 2 way lights and be ready to swap to the other side of the road to complete the second set of property connections.