• We encountered a problem at Caistor Lane with completing the de-commissioning of the old pipe as the valve we needed to shut off was completely stuck and this has meant that we have not been able to complete the disconnection. If we had continued to try to get this resolved under the current traffic management on Caistor Lane, it could have taken up to a week and our teams would not have been able to progress with any other works so we made the decision to abandon this for now and return at a later date.
• This did cause a slight delay, however, the reinstatement of this section was completed on Wednesday 27 September and we moved on to the next section under two way lights (from just past the speed camera to just past highgrove court junction).
• We worked 7 days for the first time on this scheme and we put an update out on Social media on Friday morning to share this information with the public. Unfortunately it did not receive many positive comments but we hope that it did at least help to spread the message and show that we care about keeping our customers updated.
W/C 02 October 2017
• We have completed the work in the new section on one side of the road and are swapping the lights over to the opposite side of the road, between the speed camera and just past Highgrove Court junction, today.
• We are hoping to complete this section and move further toward the roundabout, with the next section spanning the Oaklands junction, by the end of the week
• On Wednesday 04 October 2017, there will not be any activity on site due to the team participating in a Health and Safety stand down event. This event is held as part of our on-going commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone working in the @one Alliance. We will ensure that the site is left in a safe condition and normal working hours will resume on Thursday 05 October 2017.
• We will be working Saturday this week- we will continue working every other Sunday moving forward.